What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or request a callback.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to?keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will be kept on file for more than 60 days in order to fulfil your order .
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website here.
We respect your privacy and personal information greatly.
We ask you to provide identification, this is stored on our system indefinitely so that we can prove you are who you say you are to meet our obligations to our insurance company. We keep your identification indefinitely so that the next time you wish to hire something you do not need to send us your identification. If you do not want us to store your identification indefinitely then please let us know and we will delete it once the hire contract is complete.
We also ask you to provide card details for payment, we keep these for the duration of the hire contract and until any outstanding balance is paid in full. All payments are strictly by card only.
We also store your name, invoice address, contact number and email address indefinitely, this is so that we can comply with our obligations to HMRC and to comply with regulations concerning the sale of red diesel.
We also record all phone calls for training purposes, fraud prevention, to provide evidence of a business transaction, to ensure we comply with regulatory procedures, to see that quality standards are being met and for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime.
Under data protection legislation, you have the following rights:
• a right of access to the personal data that we hold about you including the right to ask us to provide a copy of any of it (for which there may be a nominal fee)
• the right to ask for your personal data to be destroyed (though not the automatic right to have it destroyed)
• the right to object to the processing of your personal data
• the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data you have previously consented to
• the right to complain to the Information Commissioner
In addition, for your protection, we must abide by the data protection principles which are
• to process your personal data lawfully, fairly and in a manner that is transparent to you
• your personal data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes
• your personal data must be adequate, relevant and limited to that which is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed
• the personal data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, is erased or rectified without delay
• personal data must be kept in a form which permits identification of you for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed
• personal data must be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures
We do not sell your personal information to any third parties, we may however pass your information to the following for processing;
Top Service Debt Collection Agency
Your personal information may also be used when compiling internal fleet utilisation reports that will only be seen internally by Chase Plant Hire staff.
Your right to be forgotten
If you would like us to remove any personal information then please ask us, we will remove all of the personal information that we can that we do not have to keep to fulfil our legal obligations. In many cases this will be identification, delivery addresses, emails, email addresses and contact numbers.
If you are not happy for some reason with our service then please email your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into the issue and do our best to rectify your complaint.